I will never forget the day when the Holy Spirit whispered deep into my heart and pierced me with a truth I did not want to hear…
33 “But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. – Mat 10:33 NKJV
“Derrick, silence is a form of denial. If you remain silent, He will remain silent.”
And this is why RevolutionFireMinistries exists. We cannot be silent any more!
Matthew 10 is packed with confrontation. Jesus absolutely lets loose on the Disciples with stone cold hard truth. What things come to mind if someone were to tell you:
- leave now, but do not take any money, clothes, shoes, or your computer, or your cell phone
- where you are going, its like sending a sheep into a den of wolves
- your family will probably have you arrested, but don’t worry about your defense, I wont be there, but I will tell you what to say, when you need to say it
- you will be hated
- those people who want to kill you, don’t worry about it, I’ll make sure you are in My will
- if you do deny me, I will deny you
- if you love your family more than me, than you are not worthy of Me
You would probably assume this person were C-R-A-Z-Y! Probably stay as far away as possible…right? Well, if you are a follower of Jesus, this is what He says will happen to you, if you are obedient.
Jesus shoots straight to the heart, “Are you serious about following me? Do you really believe I AM who I say I AM? This is not about a once a week you go into a building to ‘worship’ me, its about a complete life committal to Me.”
Jesus declares in Matthew 11:6:
“And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me.”
These words actually bring me great hope! These words cause a fire to come alive in me. Do I fear? Sometimes. But I find myself more overcome by hope and the Presence of God when I read and hear these words…His Peace is Unexplainable. There really is no turning back…I make mistakes, He is full of Grace…I do not want to go back…right here…this is the fullness of life!
This song is from an artist by the name of Jon Thurlow called John the Baptist. It is just under 3 minutes, I encourage you to take a listen…let it speak to your heart